Saturday, April 10, 2010

My PSA Sources
















First Possible Source

" BIGGEST BURGERS IN TOWN''. Those two posters above show us how big the "biggest burgers'' are. When I first looked at the pictures, I could not tell anything about them since I kept my eyes on their terrible enormous mouths at the very beginning. I could see nothing but huge mouths on their faces. They have no eyes and noses. I only can see four little ears beside their mouths. Obviously, the tittle shows the topic of the pictures which is burgers. But there's no burgers or anything else related to fast food in the pictures. I like the advertiser's idea of using no-burger posters to advertise burgers. And since the pictures look so weird and unusual, I believe that everyone passes by the posters would stop to take a look at them. It is what advertisements do. Big mouths versus big burgers, it is so interesting to me. Now I really can tell how big the "biggest burgers'' are.









Second Possible Source







Look at this picture! It's so amazing. I really like the creation of the brilliant ''football court''. It looks like a huge stadium. The stadium is made of chips, chocolate, chex mix, cheetos, cheese and twinkies. All of those materials are American style snacks. And lots of people eat them a lot since they are so delicious and we can buy them everywhere. American snacks turned in to a football stadium. Actually that's the point why I am interested in this picture so much. It is a work of art made by American food which also represents one of the most important feature in American culture --- football. I think I have a lot of space to discuss this picture.

3 comments:

  1. Both of these choices are very intriguing at first glance. The posters from the burger restaurant made me do a double-take when I first saw them, which I guess means that the advertisers did their job successfully. The posters would be interesting to analyze further. The football stadium made from American snack foods is pretty crazy, and combines two things that often go along with one another: food and sporting events. This would also be a good source to analyze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with chris i especially like the football stadium. it looks very interesting and its different. And like what he said about the posters, i also had to look at them several times. They should be good sources to write on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your two sources, I prefer the poster for the burger restaurant. I think it'll ultimately give you more to discuss, and will allow you to think about more relevant social issues than the fast-food stadium. The stadium is very cool and creative, but I'm not sure if it would be the best source for the ARP based on my past experiences.

    In the case of the posters, you can think about why the company chose to adopt that advertising strategy, why they are focussing on the size of the food, why they have enlarged the mouth to the point where it's almost grotesque. It'll give you a lot to consider.

    ReplyDelete